The primary vessel within the useful resource effectivity class!
Friday, November 10, 2023, THUN RESOURCE was launched in a festive occasion on website on the yard in Leer, Germany. The vessel was named by Godmother Ulrika Hamill, a consultant of Nynas AB. Upon supply, the THUN RESOURCE will probably be technically managed by MF Delivery Group and enter a five-year time constitution to Nynas AB.
The vessel is the primary of six ordered ‘R-Class’ sisters that will probably be constructed by Scheepswerf Ferus Smit BV with supply from 2024 and onwards. The ordered vessels are a part of Thun Tankers’ fleet renewal program, rigorously tailored to fulfill our shoppers’ future calls for. Erik Thun Group’s lengthy expertise of constructing sustainable and excessive performing high quality vessels has been used within the design course of.
– Nynas are very blissful to see the collaboration of all events concerned on this undertaking take form within the type of this contemporary environment friendly vessel and we stay up for welcoming her into our operations early subsequent yr as one other step in the direction of our sustainable targets.
– Andrew Hamill, Chartering Supervisor at Nynas AB
– The scope for the ‘R-Class’ sequence have been to construct essentially the most useful resource environment friendly vessels obtainable for the commerce, with minimal environmental
impression. We now have been combining this with a number of new options to assist Nynas AB develop their enterprise whereas lowering their local weather footprint.
– Joakim Lund, CCO at Thun Tankers BV
• Size general 114.95 m
• Breath moulded 15.87 m
• GRT about 4700 ton
• Deadweight 7999 ton
• Cargo tank capability 9540 m3
• Ice Class 1A (Finnish Swedish)
A few of the vessels’ many new options:
• Latest and most useful resource environment friendly equipment with adaptive propulsion.
• The newest hull design. Prepared for shore electrical energy connection.
• UPS battery pack for elevated reliability and lowered emissions.
Supply: Erik Thun Group