This briefing will present insights on the agenda for local weather emissions and marine air pollution discussions on the forthcoming 79th session of the Worldwide Maritime Group’s (IMO) Marine Setting Safety Committee (MEPC 79). The occasion will lays out the Clear Arctic Alliance’s expectations and proposals for the IMO’s first MEPC assembly after COP27.
Tuesday twenty ninth November, 2022
- Dr Lucy Gilliam, Senior Transport Coverage Officer, Seas at Danger: How the science of tipping factors should inform IMO motion.
- John Maggs, President, Clear Transport Coalition: A dedication to Pre-2030 emission reductions key to success of MEPC79.
- Invoice Hemmings, Clear Arctic Alliance Black Carbon Advisor: Measures to motion deep and fast cuts in black carbon emissions.
- Eelco Leemans, Clear Arctic Alliance Technical Advisor: Scrubbers are turning an air air pollution drawback into an ocean air pollution drawback!
- Andrew Dumbrille, Clear Arctic Alliance Advisor: Strengthening the Arctic heavy gasoline oil ban.
- Dr Sian Prior – Clear Arctic Alliance Lead Advisor – Moderator
Supply: Clear Arctic Alliance