Brightree joins the fast-growing group of licensed software suppliers providing functions on Inmarsat’s Fleet Join service. Fleet Join supplies devoted two-way communication channels, impartial of the ship’s major satellite tv for pc connectivity, for software suppliers to ship their providers.
Brightree will use Fleet Join to supply its marine bunker and gas consumption monitoring software and distant engine monitoring providers. It makes use of Coriolis mass movement meters to precisely measure marine engine gas consumption and bunkering switch. Brightree’s Dandelion cloud-based distant controller transmits real-time consumption information over Fleet Join, to assist obtain gas effectivity.
“We now have been looking for a dependable and cost-effective IoT information satellite tv for pc answer for a while,” mentioned Brightree managing director Kevin Peng. “Fleet Join is a devoted bandwidth for IoT information, which comes with excessive reliability of connectivity,” he mentioned.
South Korea-based maritime answer supplier marineworks has joined collaborative ClassNK ShipDC’s Web of Ships Open Platform (IoS-OP). It’s the first South Korean firm to hitch the initiative, which is using data from Japanese shipping majors Mitsui OSK Strains (MOL) and Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (Ok Line), amongst others, to implement vessel optimisation programmes.
IoS-OP is a common platform, enabling ship operations information to be shared amongst shipbuilders, producers and associated service suppliers, with out compromising the income of knowledge suppliers. Utilizing this IoT platform, marineworks can transmit and use ship operations information and lift consciousness of vessel optimisation applied sciences. It supplies sensible ship options for monitoring, analysing and changing the ship’s situation information in real-time to useable data. This can be utilized to find out and visualise the ship’s working surroundings and threat degree for protected and environment friendly operations.
In Norway, Kongsberg Digital signed a partnership settlement making OrbitMI’s maritime intelligence, compliance, vessel monitoring and vessel efficiency functions obtainable to Vessel Perception clients through the Kognifai Market. OrbitMI will supply three completely different functions through Kognifai: Orbit OMI, Orbit Comply and Orbit Reporter.
Vessel Perception collects and contextualises information from vessels to allow shipowners and operators to start their digitalisation course of.
Kognifai Market is a community of partnerships delivering functions that can be utilized by Vessel Perception subscribers to function extra sustainably and safely.
As well as, 10 start-ups have been chosen to progress via Equinor, Kongsberg, Capgemini and Techstars’ vitality accelerator programme. This 12 months, the accelerator will likely be held digitally with greater than 100 mentors contributing their expertise and the chance to create networks.
The programme began on 15 February and ends on 11 Could with an indication day, the place start-ups will current their options to Equinor, the companions, and different potential traders.
Equinor vitality accelerator programme finalists:
- Cnergreen (Canada) – Enhanced oil restoration and CO2 storage effectivity through resilient nanoparticle-based foam expertise
- Dimeq (Norway) – Subsequent era IoT to enhance security at sea
- Ecolectro (US) – Fixing the excessive price of renewable hydrogen through the use of alkaline change supplies to switch valuable metals
- F3nice (Italy) – Round financial system for additive manufacturing
- FalconX (Canada) – An financial answer for reusing and recycling produced and flow-back water on the properly web site
- Geolumina (US) – Intuitive AI with geologic perception
- Hyperion World Power (US) – An all-in-one, drop-in carbon seize and conversion unit
- Ocean Entry (Norway) – Elevated operational autonomy and reliability for distant ocean and subsea monitoring
- RZX Technologia (Brazil) – Minimising human error in business
- Vortex Bladeless (Spain) – Harnessing wind vitality with out blades; lowering the price of electrical energy
Fleet optimisation and emissions discount applied sciences will likely be mentioned throughout Riviera’s sequence of digital conferences and webinars throughout 2021 – use this link to access more details and register for these occasions