The preliminary payments amending Maritime Transport Legislation 14/2014 (LNM) and the Revised State Ports and Service provider Transport Legislation (TRLPEMM) are presently on the public session stage. Nonetheless, the federal government has not but forwarded the precise articles of these preliminary payments or formally launched them for session. Though info on the areas by which they search to make amendments has been offered to employer and worker representatives within the shipping and port industries and events usually.
In relation to the Maritime Transport Legislation, amendments are meant to be made, amongst others, to:
- The Canary Islands Particular Register for Vessels and Transport Corporations (REBECA) to make it extra interesting after discovering it had misplaced competitiveness in contrast with different ship registers in neighboring nations.
- The import and re-export of vessels, as a result of the present laws are deemed to be out of date, which stands in the way in which of the competitiveness of the Spanish system.
- The minimal quantity required (15% of the quantity of the alleged maritime declare) to connect a vessel as a safety measure, which is deemed excessive and needing to be modified in order to not prejudice the Spanish jurisdiction with respect to these of different nations.
- The boundaries of legal responsibility that apply to vessels and craft with a gross tonnage not exceeding 300 tons to adapt the Spanish laws to the present worldwide conventions on this topic (the 1976 London Conference on Limitation of Legal responsibility as amended by the 1996 Protocol).
- The ensures to safe the receipt of funds for obligatory exchanges of passenger tickets through the Gibraltar Strait Operation (Operación Paso de Estrecho (OPE)), a plan to arrange the move of visitors between Spain and Morocco over the summer time months, after it was found that just a few shipping firms are usually not paying the quantities they owe on this respect, for which purpose it’s deemed obligatory for these ensures to be offered yearly prematurely by all shipping firms offering sea carriage providers underneath each “OPE” plan of this sort.
- The service provider shipping charges, to revise them as a result of it’s thought-about that the present laws are usually not solely dispersed however out of date additionally.
The Revised State Ports and Service provider Transport Legislation is sought to be amended to adapt it to the necessities of in-force Regulation (EU) 352/2017 establishing a framework for the availability of port providers and customary guidelines on the monetary transparency of ports. Amongst different essential new laws, it’s meant to present bunkering the type of a port service versus a business service which is the way it presently seems within the Revised State Ports and Service provider Transport Legislation. This might additionally require modification of the related port contract paperwork