A dialogue session between Marine Division Malaysia (MARDEP), Malaysia Maritime Enforcement Company (MMEA) and Malaysian Shipowners’ Affiliation (MASA) was carried out on the MASA Secretariat Workplace on 4 Might, in response to a round seen by Singapore bunkering publication Manifold Instances.
The target of the dialogue moderated by MASA Chairman Dato’ Ir. Abdul Hak Md Amin was to:
- Search clarification on vessels detention difficulty for “anchoring with out permission” underneath Part 491B(1) of MSO 1952 and MSN 05/2014 in Johor waters.
- Search clarification on Part 491B(1) of MSO 1952 and MSN 05/2014 implementation.
- Search data on permitted anchor areas, permission certificates, forms of prohibitions and different associated issues.
Abstract of MARDEP Presentation
Dato` Hj. Baharin Bin Dato Abdul Hamid, the Director Normal of MARDEP, supplied clarification to MASA members on the appliance of Part 491B(1) of MSO 1952 and MSN 05/2014 concerning areas permitted for lay-up.
He additionally supplied particulars on the permitted anchorage space in Pasir Gudang port restrict in addition to lay-up space in outer port restrict (Tompok Utara).
5 firms have been permitted by MARDEP to function lay-up companies situated at East Johor Waters (Tompok Utara). They’re:
- AWH Worldwide Logistic Sdn Bhd
- Nikomas Sdn Bhd
- Charisma Marine Provides Sdn Bhd
- Sinar Eja Engineering & Provide Sdn Bhd
- Pine Logistics Worldwide Sdn Bhd
Failure to adjust to Part 491B(1) of MSO 1952 and MSN 05/2014 will end in tremendous not exceeding RM100,000 or imprisonment not exceeding two years or each.
In the course of the dialogue session, MARDEP additionally talked about that they’re contemplating to extend the Desaru port restrict as much as Malaysia Territorial Waters (MTW).
Dato` Hj. Baharin defined to MASA members Part 491B(1) of MSO 1952 and MSN 05/2014 was being enforced to:
- Shield nationwide sovereignty and safety.
- Improve income stream from mild dues, permits and different expenses.
- Monitor and management marine atmosphere air pollution.
- Encourage native maritime companies.
- Improve marine tourism sector.
Abstract of MMEA Presentation
Laksamana Muda (M) Datuk Saiful Lizan Ibrahim, Director of Bahagian Keselamatan Dan Pengawasan Maritim (translated as MMEA), briefly defined Act 660 (Akta Garis Pangkal Zon Maritim 2006) on the baseline and MTW of Malaysian waters.
He additionally introduced statistics on “Ops Jangkar Haram” the place 38 vessels had been arrested through the operation since March 2021, through the MASA dialogue session.
MMEA talked about that the operation was essential to:
- Improve the protection and safety of Malaysian waters.
- Cut back the marine atmosphere air pollution by strict enforcement.
- Guarantee compliance of Part 491B(1) of MSO 1952 and MSN 05/2014.
- Curtail foreign-flagged vessels from anchoring illegally in Malaysian waters.
Key Takeaways from the MARDEP/MMEA Displays
In all, MASA famous a number of key studying factors for members from the dialogue session. In all, they’re:
- Shipowner/ operator, vessel, and agent are anticipated to adjust to the regulation set by MARDEP/ MMEA.
- Within the occasion of emergency whereby Malaysia-flagged vessel must anchor exterior working hours, they should inform Vessel Site visitors System (VTS) (topic to approval by Director Normal MARDEP).
Word: MARDEP will probably be offering sooner or later the contact numbers of all VTS in every area.
- Vessels are solely allowed to lay-up/ anchor at MARDEP-approved designated areas.
Photograph credit score: Malaysian Shipowners’ Affiliation
Printed: 18 Might, 2021