Among the projected modifications are geared toward making the Canary Islands Particular Register of Vessels and Transport Corporations extra aggressive, eradicating the minimal quantity for arresting vessels or the rules of unmanned ships.
The 2 primary Spanish shipping and ports legal guidelines (Maritime Transport Regulation 14/2014 -LNM- and Legislative Royal Decree 2/2011 approving the Revised State Ports and Service provider Transport Regulation -TRLPEMM-) are presently present process an modification course of. The federal government gave out data a couple of months in the past on the place it intends to amend the principles, and has now launched a proper session interval on a Preliminary Invoice for Modification of each legal guidelines for events to submit their feedback.
It’s conspicuous that the preliminary invoice ought to solely deal with modifications regarding shipping and the modifications regarding ports needs to be postponed indefinitely, given that, apart from this delaying the entire course of, in contrast to the modification of the Maritime Transport Regulation, the modification of the Revised Ports and Service provider Transport Regulation may in a roundabout way be imposed by Regulation (EU) No 352/2017 on the supply of port companies and customary guidelines on the monetary transparency of ports which, amongst different modifications, treats bunkering as a port service not as a business service which is the way it presently seems.
Specializing in that preliminary invoice, though different modifications may be launched earlier than it comes into power, the principle new modifications needing to be famous are:
- The next measures are adopted to make the Canary Islands Particular Register of Vessels and Transport Corporations (REBECA) extra aggressive:
- Clarifying that the obligatory 50% of seafarers who have to be nationals of the EU or EEA have to be calculated by reference to the minimal secure manning, not the ship’s manning crew;
- Making it simpler to make use of non-public safety workers on board vessels working in excessive danger areas for piracy; and
- Permitting the registration of leisure craft and vessels if they’re over 15 meters in size and are engaged in commerce actions or actions for revenue.
- Eradicating the minimal quantity required (15%) for arresting vessels.
- Treating the claims of ship suppliers and repairers as maritime liens.
- Permitting ensures to be required to safe the receipt of funds for obligatory exchanges of passenger tickets through the Gibraltar Strait Operation, a plan to arrange the circulation of site visitors between Spain and Morocco over the summer time months.
- Creating a brand new notarial certification process in relation to the abandonment of leisure craft.
- Offering a definition of unmanned ship, though topic to worldwide approval.
- Clarifying the main points of direct motion in opposition to P&I Golf equipment.
- Amending and updating the penalty guidelines in relation to maritime shipping and port issues.
- Updating and recasting the provisions on service provider shipping charges.
- Strengthening utility of Spanish legislation and the Spanish jurisdiction.